East ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.95570°N / 0.8374°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: F (fácil: easy)
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

see the main page

Route Description

From the refuge of Belagua (1428m) you must to take the little path near of the road in the right side and you follow paralell to the road for 2 km to reach the col of Eraitz (1573m). Before the col is possible begin the climb crossing the road and climbing across the hillside below and to the right of the summit without name of 1662m. In this point we entry in the shoulder of the ridge, very wide in this zone. After the point of 1662 meters the ridge is narrow but not difficult, only you must to put the hands in some points (be carefull in winter with some of ice). Little by little we reach a point under a rocky top and we can follow climbing the rock (I+) but the best option is the descent a few of meters of the ridge in north face (summer) or south face (winter, snow more soft, without ice). Bordering this top we reach a little col under the summit of Lakora East. Generally the best option is the north face across a coulouir with a hard slope but in winter is possible the presence of ice (crampons and ice-axe are very neccesarys). In summer you to can climb the rocky spun direct to the summit but with some of ice in the ridge is dangerous (more secure the ramp of snow of coulouir).
In the summit of Lakora East (1825m) we see a great plateau between the other 2 summits. Bordering the ridge in the plateau we turn to the north searching the main summit. After a pre-summit we reach the highest point of Lakora North (1877m). After the descent we go to the last summit in the right side with a visible geodesic vertex: Lakora west (1847m) (2h15min).

From this point is possible the descent of the direct south face (we see the refuge under the summit and it's the most advisale route) or following the ridge to the peaks Cortaplana (1781m) and Larragoiti (1636m), . It's better the descent of the ridge in south face between the peaks (Important note: this prolongation it's not advisable in winter with snow, only in summertime). Finally we reach the col of Arrakogoiti (1416m). From this point the route of descent to refuge is across the hillsides without path but very easy.

In summer time is possible follow to the rest of the summits of other side of the col (Bimbalet, Lakartxela and Keleta) with return to col of Arrakogoiti for the descent, but is very long (7 hours)

Essential Gear

Crampons and ice-axe in winter, not rope recommended.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

LakoraRoutes