Viewing: 1-6 of 6
yatsek

yatsek - Jul 3, 2017 6:09 pm - Voted 10/10

Best of the best

11/10

markhallam

markhallam - Jul 4, 2017 3:26 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Best of the best

Thanks a lot - and for your remarks in additions & corrections. I will go back and revise a bit of the text to incorporate in next few days...
best wishes, Mark

MikeLJ

MikeLJ - Jul 13, 2017 2:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Fine page

Hi Mark,
A fine page for a fine route. I did it about 20 years ago in (what I am going to call) semi - Winter conditions! There was snow but not as much as in the pictures.
Just to add my bit to the route comments... I have a little experience of climbing in the USA and refer to "The High Sierra" by R.J. Secor in which he says when describing the Class system of grading, "Class 3 is where the climbing begins".
Cheers, Mike

markhallam

markhallam - Jul 13, 2017 4:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Fine page

Thanks a lot Mike. And thanks for adding to the grading discussions.
Good to see you are still posting things on SP - just had a look at some of your latest, not least being the via ferrata with 110m of ladders - the expression on your face at the top says it all : )
bw
Mark

markhallam

markhallam - Jul 16, 2017 6:34 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Fine page

BTW - just occurred to me - if you did the route 20 years ago, you should sign the climbers log for the page! Doesn't matter if you don't have an exact date.
BW Mark

MikeLJ

MikeLJ - Jul 19, 2017 11:57 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Fine page

Actually, when I thought about it, it wasn't quite that long ago.(2001).

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Jack's Rake, Pavey Ark' main page