Infinity Ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 38.00982°N / 23.76299°E
Additional Information Route Type: Trad Climbing, Bouldering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 4
Additional Information Difficulty: 4 (YDS)
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 3
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is it, the longest most insane route on Outcrop Tower; a route that covers everything that you might want from a bouldering peak that is just 315m high. A route that is more dangerous and more exposed than many others in Greek mountains, not to mention rocks. The traverse of the massive south ridge dons't only access the peak from its steepest face but also passes through a secondary peak and offers a panorama of the South Bowl. 
This route is very long in comparison to other and needs at best 1:20h to complete, and as you can tell its access trail is far away from the actual summit. This route traverses the east Hell Gate hill and then the South Bowl wall to finally reach the actual South Ridge of the peak. 
With two cruxes over very exposed terrain and an estimated fall distance of 65 -70 meters it is definetly a serious route. 

Getting There

You can access the route by heading (from the Tower Base) south towards the Hell Gates and after passing them head east (E) after a bit you will reach the end of the hill that should have been on your left. From there head left (N) and you reached the trail head. 

Route Description

This route begins outside the main range with its first part being a nice approach walk to the hill summit. From there the real fun begins. 
Unnamed Image
3D Map of the Route
The route denoted with blue begins on the general mountain road and reaches the summit. Denoted with red are the two cruxes on the face.

The route is a basic hill walk at first reaching the summit of the first hill about 2 mins in, there the terrain starts to become more rugged and now on your right you will be directly above a small crater on the ground. On your right should be the South Bowl, from there traverse the ridge forward (heading N) and for a safe climb try staying on the right side of the ridge just a bit under the ridge line. You will be at the end of the ridge within minutes from there on you are on the Towers South face. 
Unnamed Image
The ridge from the beginning of the face.

You can get more details about the ridge from the second picture on the left.

From there you must slowly climb the face, the first crux is a flat area on the face just right from the spine of the Face, you will be tackling this withing 5 mins of reaching the face. 
Unnamed Image
The Face
You can see the first and second crux as well as the route. After making it through the first crux that i recommend making a move to the right, head upwards and then through some obvious gullies until you reach crux 2. The second crux is way more dangerous since it has no holds, you must put your center of mass towards the rock and slowly ascend until you reach the first holds, from there on just some exposure is the only issue. After that you make it on some dirt that lines the summit, you here have to stand up and walk to the true summit. 

On the above picture (above right) you can see denoted with Green the other route, Escape Velocity and with Blue the higher peak Three Tree Rock. 

Essential Gear

I strongly suggest packing a helmet, some chalk and water, i also recommend you pack some luck. This is definitely a hard and challenging climb since the face is very exposed and very steep.

External Links

None


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.