Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 49.06307°N / 22.77054°E
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 4199 ft / 1280 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Bieszczady - Rozsypaniec and HaliczRight - Rozsypaniec, neighbor on left - Halicz

One of the peaks in Tarnica Group in West part of Bieszczady. The name Rozsypaniec means crumbling. The reason of name is the presence of many rocks with rubble at the foot of.
The mountain is located above the pass - Przełęcz Bukowska - where is the state border with Ukraine.
From summit is one of the best views to Polonynas of Bieszczady - Polish and Ukrainian part - we can see peaks like Pikuj, Kinczyk Bukowski or Tarnica
Viev from Polish/Ukrainian Border to Ukrainian BieszczadyView from Bukowska Pass

RocksThat is why Rozsypaniec

Getting There

To get to this part of Bieszczady, drive national road 896/897 from Ustrzyki Dolne or Cisna. You must get to village Ustrzyki Górne, and from here local road to Wolosate - End of Traffic.

Red Tape

Rozsypaniec is on Bieszczady National Park area, it is a strictly protected zone, public access to the park requires a well prepared system of marked tourist trails. Standard National Park rules apply, such as: no camping, stick to the marked routes, do not disturb wildlife, etc. During the tourist season a small fee (about 1 euro) is charged for entry to Bieszczady National Park. Do not cross border at Bukowska Pass.

Camping

Accommodation possible in nearby villages - Ustrzyki Górne , Wolosate (camping), Muczne, Tarnawa Niżna and Wyżna. In this part of the mountains there is no mountain huts.

Trail

Rozsypaniec is easy available by red marked trail from Wolosate, long walk to Bukowska Pass and from there up to first hill - it is Rozsypaniec. Going forward by this trail we reach peak Halicz and we can walk to highets peak in Polsih Bieszczady - Tarnica, and from there go back to Wolosate, or by Szerokie Wierch to Ustrzyki Górne. Also we can go down via Bukowe Berdo to Muczne.
Ridge TrailEasy path at Rozsypaniec


Related 

Friends

Related objects are relevant to each other in some way, but they don't form a parent/child relationship. Also, they don't necessarily share the same parent.