Salatin

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 49.21401°N / 19.68613°E
Additional Information Elevation: 6719 ft / 2048 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Salatin - a mountain in the Slovakian Western Tatras, from west the last reaching above 2000 m. It is park of Salatin Group. Lies on the main ridge between the peaks Brestova and Spalena. Top fairly flat. From here, there beautiful panorama of the this part Tatras - including Sivy Vrch and surrounding Rohacka Valley. On the vast western ridge there are 2 small rate invisible from the path.
Panorama with Salatin in center

Getting There

- Rohačká Dolina starting point:
From Poland, cross to Slovakia at the road toll at Sucha Hora, to reach Oravice and Zuberec. From Slovakia, reach Zuberec via Zilina and Dolný Kubín.
- Jamnická or Jalovecka Dolina starting points:
From Poland, very long way... from Krakow, prefer the border point at Chyżne. From Silesia, choose Korbielow or Rajcza/Novot. Reach Dolný Kubín and circumvent Tatras. From Slovakia, via Dolný Kubín and Liptovsky Mikulas.

Red Tape

You are in Tatry National Park.
In Slovakia, the trails are open from 15th of June to end of October.
You can`t camping here, should walk only on marked trails.
No dogs, on open fire.

Camping

You cant camping in tatras, nearest campings are in Habovka, Oravice, Pribilina. There are mountain huts: Ziarska Chata - in Ziarska Dolina and Tatliakova Chata and Zverovka in Rohacska Dolina.

Route

- From the southern side - starting point is village Jalovec - yellow trail by Jalovecka Dolina, from Rozcestle do Parichvostu green market trail, by Dolina Parichvost and Hlboka Dolina to Pass between Maly Salatin and Salatin.
- From Rohacka Dolina - Starting Point Zverovka - blue marked trail to Brestova (tiring,steep approach)difference of more than 900m. From Brestova turn left to red trail, leading to Salatin. You can continue route to next summits - Spalena and Pachola.
and reach Banikovske Sedlo. Descent by yellow trail to Rohacska Valley. Of course you can go in the opposite direction, from Banikovske Sedlo to Salatin and Brestova. Trail is not difficult, in several places insured by chains.


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.