Hausgrabenkopf

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 4633 ft / 1412 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Hausgrabenkopf is one of the many secondary summits of Dürrnbachhorn within the southern part of Chiemgau Alps. Dürrnbachhorn and its two north ridges embrace the Langer Sand valley and canyon system north of the main ridge. Hausgrabenkopf sits on the western north ridge of Dürrnbachhorn.

There are several “Hausgraben” valleys culminating at Hausgrabenkopf summit: Langer Hausgraben to the east, Rohrechhausgraben to the west and Hausgraben to the north.

Hausgrabenkopf can be summited within 10 minutes from the northwest ascent route to Dürrnbachhorn. It is a nice rocky outcrop of the ridge, bears a summit cross and offers good views into Chiemgau Alps and down to the many lakes north of Dürrnbachhorn.

Hausgrabenkopf
Hausgrabenkopf

Getting There

Trailhead is Lödensee parking area west of Langer Sand valley.

Please see the Dürrnbachhorn main page for further information.

 

Route

Dürrnbachhorn and its secondary summits, routes overview

Follow the east and then southbound forest road along Langer Sand valley. At the roads end follow the steep trail up Hausgraben and onto the western north ridge of Dürrnbachhorn. Go left at a first trail junction and follow the ridge until a second trail junction. Go right there and climb shortly up to the summit.

Back the same route or follow the north ridge trail up to Dürrnbachhorn.

Trail entering Hausgraben gorge
Trail entering Hausgraben gorge
The shadowy ridge up to Hausgrabenkopf
The shadowy ridge up to Hausgrabenkopf

Red Tape & Accommodation

See the Dürrnbachhorn main page for area restrictions and for accommodation.

 

Gear & Mountain Condition

Hausgrabenkopf is a hiking summit throughout late spring, summer and autumn. It is a moderate difficult hike on steep, mainly unmarked and narrow hunter trails.

You need normal hiking gear for that mountain.

Hausgrabenkopf with Gurnwandkopf in the background as seen from the ascent on the western Dürrnbachhorn north ridge
Hausgrabenkopf with Gurnwandkopf in the background as seen from the ascent on the western Dürrnbachhorn north ridge

Weather condition:

 

Map

Alpenvereinskarte Bayerische Alpen, scale 1 : 25000

number BY18, Chiemgauer Alpen Mitte, Hochgern, Hochfelln

with trails, ski and snow shoe routes and UTM grid

edition 2017

 



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Chiemgau AlpsMountains & Rocks